IM 2009 will feature state-of-the-art tutorials from leading experts in their fields on the days before (June 1, 2009) and after (June 5, 2009) the technical program. Topics will cover different levels, ranging from introductory to highly advanced skills. All tutorials will address highly important and relevant subject areas of systems, network, and service management.
To provide the best possible tutorial offerings, IM 2009 solicits proposals and ideas for half-day (3.5 hours) and full-day (7 hours) tutorials.
Proposals will be evaluated by the IM 2009 Technical Program Committee. Tutorial presenters will receive an honorarium.
If you are interested in presenting a tutorial at this conference or you do have an idea for a tutorial you would like to see offered please contact the Tutorial Chair:
Scott Newman, CERDEC, USA (Scott.Newman@us.army.mil)
Lisandro Granville, UFRGS, Brazil (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Deadline for submitting Tutorial Proposals: August 1, 2008
A proposal to present a tutorial should contain the following information:
- Tutorial Title
- Full Name(s) and Affiliation(s) of the Instructor(s)
- Extended Abstract (500-1000 words) detailing (a) the technical subject, (b) its importance, and (c) its relevance and benefits to IM 2009 attendees
- Table of content in a medium level of granularity including sections and subsections as well as literature
- Potential attendee profile
- Biography of the Instructor (100-200 words)
If the tutorial or its earlier version has been given before, please indicate those respective events, dates, and content.